May 10, 2012

the end is almost here .....

It seems like a lifetime ago, it's not, but it has sure been a long road.
Looking back..... A younger married me,
unemployed after my last travel agency was bought out ... the year 1996...
My main goal at that time ... wanting a baby !!!Also, in need of job.
So one afternoon i pulled out the yellow pages (yes the big yellow book)
and started calling travel agency's ... called 7 .. 3 said please come in ...
I Walked into Griffin Travel, wearing a black plaid dress and had a lovely talk with the owner.
I was offered a job on the spot, one I have held for 16 years. 3 months after I got my job, my dream came true and after 5 years of trying I found out i was pregnant. So I began 2 new jobs about the same time. Nicole has always been called Griffin Travel's baby. Over the last 16 years
employed by Griffin Travel I have sat in 4 different desks, been a front line agent, group travel coordinator, outside sales liason, outside sales, book keeper and manager.
In 4 days the doors will close, my job is gone and my co-workers will move on, my life will change.
This job has been the best of times and the worst of times. Not always fitting well,
but comfy like a old sweater.
 I sit here now wondering, what do I want to do when I grow up.
Stay in a field I know well, but is ever changing  or start something new ...
What lies ahead, that I don't know ...
I do know for the next 2 months I am going to enjoy my kids, but then ?????
Maybe learn a new trade, maybe find a new passion, maybe a bit of school.
Your compass doesn't always show what direction you are headed .. but have faith and hope,
and you will be alright ...


1 comment:

Sara Ancich said...

Wow Lori. Such a big change in your life. A new chapter. This could be really good... Im excited to hear what new path you head down. But for now, enjoy the down time. You deserve it!