September 5, 2010

Little gifts ... that become a treasure

I stopped by my grandma's the other day and we had a great visit as usual. She is such an amazing strong woman. At 91 years old I think she can out do me in just about everything still. While we were visiting she mentioned she used grandpa's camera to take a picture of the new plants that she had planted ( picked out and over saw as the gardner put it, I'm sure he loved all her imput) and wanted to know how to develop it. I took the camera home and assured her I would print it. To my SURPRISE when I got home the sd card was full of 88 pictures that granpda had taken in the last few years. (don't think he ever knew how to get them out of the camera) What an amazing gift, a fabulous picture of Nicole and Great Grandpa at her 11th birthday, lots of his last Mother's Day with the family, a few from here and there and some of him and grandma at the awards ceremony, when he received the life long volunteer award at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion just before he passed away. You never know when a gift will land in your hands. These pictures will be treasured forever as we enjoy them. Grandma has had no need to take pictures all year, thank goodness she really wanted to document that new garden. I love you Grandpa and Grandma, you have blessed my life!!!

No comments: