November 5, 2010

New Blood !!!!

Something I never pictured myself doing ... today I checked into
Whittier Pres. Hospital at 7:00am
had a private room and received 2 blood transfusions....
Spending the day in the hospital was not on my calendar at the beginning
of this week but after a blood test on Tuesday, the
doctors decided that my body needed a little help. My hemoglobin count was
still low so off for some new blood ...
Transfusion #1, took 3 hours and the blood look like Heinz Ketchup
Transfusion #2, took about 3 hours and the blood looked like Hunts BBQ sauce..
Never knew blood was different colors...
We are hopeful this will be the boost that it needs...
Tuesday, I go again for another blood test...new iron pills & new blood..
i'm hopeful for a rise in my counts...
stay tuned... my journey continues ... 

1 comment:

Sara Ancich said...

I want to hear all about this. Let;s set a date at a soccer field soon.