January 1, 2012

save, save, save.....

Ryan amazes me. If I had to describe Ryan in one word it's "STUBBORN" .... stubborn is not always a bad thing. Yes, he is stubborn with day to day things, many of which drive me crazy ...
but, also stubborn in nothing is impossible, he will try and try again until he gets it, he doesn't believe in can't or no, these traits drive him. Drive him to be better, try harder, go farther ... things that as an adult I admire. All of this to say when he sets his mind to it ... he pushes and completes it...
A year ago, he started asking for Fixe, which I have come to learn is a bike, A $350 dollar bike.. I laughed. You have a nice, expensive bike already, that day he advised me "I'm going to buy it myself" I said OK.. Well, fast forward to now!!!
Months of saving, working for grandpa, working for dad, saving all money from this last year, saving some more .. Christmas put him over the top !!!!
Ryan and Mark headed out with $$$$ money in hand and Ryan bought himself a $350.00 bike !!!!
Proof that if a 12 year old can save for a dream purchase, so can I.
I'm very proud of you Ryan  ..... And love the pride of ownership you now feel for 
"YOUR BIKE"



Part of the Fixe craze is they are loud, crazy, personalized bikes ...
Ryan's suits him blue frame, green rims, white seat & grips ...
totally him and fits he personality to a T

1 comment:

Sara Ancich said...

very cool accomplishment. Perfect colors, you are right!

On a side note, my dad got an orange and black Fixe for Christmas from my mom. Hunter thinks he's got the coolest grandpa around.