September 15, 2011

Wow ... our kids are listening, even we think they are not

It's not a secret this last year has been full of medical insanity ... multiple doctor appointments,
4 hospital stays, more blood tests then i can count, hours spent hooked to my lovely IV pole,
etc.. etc.....
As a mom, we want to protect our kids, I have not burdened the kids will all my junk, but on the other hand have talked and laughed about much of it. So my thinking is that their lives are full and very busy, none of my illness has stopped any of their stuff  and they seem pretty open to asking questions, so all is good and they are unfazed by all of this.
Until Wednesday...
I went to bed early tuesday evening, Ryan was doing an assignment and said he was good, so off i went.
In the morning I was gathering his stuff, making sure he was ready for the day and I picked up the project he had been working on. My first thought oh wow a picture of himself, then i began to read..
as i read and tears came to my eyes .... my heart broke for my little boy who must be
scared and worried and has held it all to himself for my sake.
Our children are smart and comprehend so much more then we want to think...
It's time for a talk and big hug and no more hiding, because they know it all anyway..
Love you Ryan and Nicole!!!


 

1 comment:

Sara Ancich said...

When kids take that assignment seriously, the words can be so telling.

Ryan definitely put some deep thoughts into that one. So powerful...