June 11, 2013

I've fallen and I can't get up

April 13, 2013
 
What started as a fun productive day of cleaning the garage ...
end in one the dumbest things I've ever done ...
 
One minute I was putting some empty boxes ( of which I had to keep) in the rafters and next thing I knew I was face down on the cement floor of the garage with
severe pain racing thru me ...
 
My head and my knee ... I knew something was wrong ...
Luckily Nic was just outside the closed door and ran to my side ...
After just a few minutes I knew I wasn't going anywhere on my own and I had done some real damage ....


 Yep .. I'm in there and off to the ER

 They quickly shipped me off to X-ray and when the X-ray tech changes the plan and tells you sweetly ... oh honey, I don't want you to move at all thru all the next X-rays ... I knew I was in trouble ...
 
With in a few .... I hear ...
A SHATTERED knee cap
 and a broken wrist ( yes wrist, didn't even know right away that that hurt)
 
 Admitted to a room with in a few hours .....
See the picture of a circle .. drawn by my doctor ...
That is sort of what my knee looks like ... lots of breaks, the thick lines are shattered dust area
and the big areas are surrounded by dust and shattered pieces ...
We are heading to surgery in the morning .. He warns, good chance he can not save it !!
But, he will give it his best shot !!!
Oh Crap !!!!
 
A few hours in surgery and we have a shot ...
with the help of pins, a screw, wire and fishing line .. my knee cap is
 sort of back together...
for the next 3 days my best friend is that morphine pump button
 .... oh yes ... plus what ever other drugs they were willing to give me...
 
My first glance after 3 days ... Gross!!!! From the beginning it puffed up like a mushroom
 

After 5 days in the hospital i'm heading home to begin one of the hardest journey's I've ever taken

  This is just the beginning and I can't explain how much my life is about to change .... first instructions .. broken wrist 6 weeks (casted)
knee .. NO BENDING .. NO PRESSURE for 8 weeks ... (SHIT !!!)
 

No comments: